Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chrome : We need a master password


"I feel so NAKED and EXPOSED when it comes to Chrome's password savings ability" - comment on google product forum.

I am one of the million users whose first task is to install Google Chrome after installing Windows. It's fast and reliable but one thing which prevents me from making it my default browser is Lack of master password facility.Its highly needed feature which people have been demanding from long time.

I was getting bored at home and so I decided to look up at people comments  over this issue and It was fun. I found many better alternatives, frustrations and feedback from chrome users.

The first destination was obviously Google Product Forum 

One person I think from Google suggested to Lock the computer but that was not the best answer I had thought of . Yup more down votes than up.

LOL ... reading down the comments what you can easily make out is When a post has more down votes the person is trying to praise google's decision to not having master password.

We love Google Chrome but lack of master password is making most of the users to shift to Mozilla Firefox.One the google responses in not having a master password is due to KEY LOGGER, once master password is compromised all other password are compromised too.

At the end of the day, it's an option you can choose to exercise or ignore.


0 comments:

Post a Comment